The Students’ Association is a non-profit collective body comprised of elected students, permanent staff members and volunteers. Our purpose is to serve the students of Medicine Hat College.
The governing body in the Students’ Association is Council. During summer there are 4 council members and during the school year there are 7 council members dependent on FLE. This group of elected or appointed students helps make strategic plans and decisions.
Serving with council is the Executive Team. These individuals are also elected or appointed and serve from May to May. The Executive Team positions are:
Serving with the Executive Team are the permanent team members:
Executive Director, Administrative Assistant, and Health and Wellness Coordinator as well as the Crave Food & Beverage. These employees provide mentorship to the Executive team. They give advice and use their own experience to problem solve and plan for the future.
All students registered in one or more courses at Medicine Hat College’s main campus or at the Brooks campus pay fees to the Students’ Association. Fees are paid at the same time as tuition and are determined by how many courses a student is enrolled in. By paying these fees a student become a member of the Students’ Association.
Members hold the right to:
- Vote in all Students’ Association elections and referenda
- Join any club and hold office in any club recognized and supported by the Students’ Association,
- Run in Students’ Association executive or council representative elections Serve on regular and special committees of the Association,
- Petition the Association, MHC Administration or the College Board through the Students’ Association,
- Enjoy benefits provided by the Students’ Association in representation and programming which their student fees establish or support, and
- Participate in all recreational and athletic programs supported by the Students’ Association.