The Students’ Association is a non-profit collective body comprised of elected students, permanent staff members and volunteers. Our purpose is to serve the students of Medicine Hat College.
The governing body in the Students’ Association is Council. During summer there are 4 council members and during the school year there are 8 council members. This group of elected or appointed students helps make strategic plans and decisions.
Below council is the Executive Team. These individuals are also elected or appointed and serve from May to May. The Executive Staff positions are:
Below the Executive Staff are the permanent staff members:
Administrative Assistant, General Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and Peer Support Coordinator as well as the Crave Food & Beverage. These employees are mentors to the Executive Staff. They give advice and use their own experience to problem solve and avoid future difficulties.
All students registered in one or more courses at Medicine Hat College’s main campus or at the Brooks campus pay fees to the Students’ Association. Fees are paid at the same time as tuition and are determined by how many courses a student is enrolled in. By paying these fees a student become a member of the Students’ Association.
Members hold the right to:
- Vote in all Students’ Association elections and referenda
- Join any club and hold office in any club recognized and supported by the Students’ Association,
- Run in Students’ Association executive or council representative elections Serve on regular and special committees of the Association,
- Petition the Association, MHC Administration or the College Board through the Students’ Association,
- Enjoy benefits provided by the Students’ Association in representation and programming which their student fees establish or support, and
- Participate in all recreational and athletic programs supported by the Students’ Association.